Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Redwork Nursery Rhymes

Redwork
This is a first. I don't really have any projects on the go.

Okay, that's somewhat a lie considering that I don't believe in sitting still and I am notorious for neglecting my housework to do my various projects. These days, this includes dealing with all the photos since I got married 9 years ago, editing and restructuring a YA book I wrote in 2005 and sorting through my junk in the basement.

For sewing, I am working on a redwork project. Redwork is basically embroidery done entirely in red. This comes from a time when there was only one colour of cotton thread which was... wait for it... red. (Other threads were made from silk and much more costly.)

These are all nursery rhymes. I will have 12 of them eventually, but right now, I have one.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Remember - "I Like Red The Best"

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Blue Girl: Do you mean "Red is Best"? I like that book.

    Cute, Lena... didn't know that about the red cotton thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Super Flannery . . . oops . . . my bad . . . had the slightly wrong title . . . it is "Red Is Best"!

    ReplyDelete