Thursday, May 3, 2012

Finished?

Finished Sashiko Lone Star May 2012
I am done! And a few days left until the Regina quilt show.

I have come to really love the simple lines and shapes of sashiko quilting. They are so appealing to my math brain.

I have long thought of myself as an "unartistic" person, but I realize now that most of this is from the fact that I am not a great sketcher. Compared to the kids, I am pro, but I use many Ed Emberely books to get my bugs and creatures to look realistic-ish.


Sashiko Lone Star detail
But sashiko appeals to me because it seems so "mathy." I used a pattern called Ganzezashi or sea urchin stitch from a book I got from the library. If anyone is at all interested, there are tons of books you can get from the library. I could see decorating many things with the geometric marvels of sashiko.

I am wondering if I should have done more sashiko on the corners. More diagonal lines. More star points. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, My, Lena, that is sooo awesome. I love the geometric-ness of the sashiko too.

    ReplyDelete