Thursday, May 24, 2012

Japanese Fans: Another New Project

Pilot Japanese Fan
Because I cannot just sit with ONE new project, I have been experimenting with another. This is a form of "stack and whack"which is a method of cutting out an identical part of the fabric pattern to make a kaleidoscope patter. (The right is an example I got from the internet.)

Well, I didn't want to do EXACTLY that. I wanted to vary the pieces just slightly so I could have a different effect. But I'm not 100% pleased with this block. You see, the pattern slowly moves down the geisha's body. And I am not really interested in looking at the blocks that don't contain a geisha's face.

So I'm going to do another pilot block.

PS This fabric, I have had since I was in high school. How is it that I acquired 2 meters of fabric which I have never used until now. And only now, am I using it because I am refusing to buy new fabric. This falls under what I said before about how new stuff is always better than old stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment