Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Messy, messy feet prints


This is not quilting, as you can probably tell from the photos.

My good friend Elena gave me these four little four little canvases when I was out to visit her in Ontario. Her great idea was that I should do footprints of each of the kids. (Read next part with sarcasm.) What a marvelous idea! Paint! Kids! More kids! More paint! Paint on feet! New lino in kitchen!

I was thinking very clearly how NOT appealing this was.

But I thanked her because I know that she has good ideas, it's just that executing them is sometimes tricky. (There was also "canvases as gifts" when I had my second baby that I was supposed to paint with little characters. For Elena, the prospect of painting a little picture is probably very appealing. I am less inclined towards drawing and more towards fabric. I also know that Elena is expecting baby #1 this month and hasn't experienced the joy of bringing out a bunch of paints with little kids. Soon, though...)

So I did it one night while my cousin was here and it actually wasn't as bad as I was imagining. We even did one of the footprints on a sleeping child, my 2 year old, who is the most likely candidate for kicking the wall with a painted foot.

Unfortunately, after I finished them, I wondered what I was going to do with these four little paintings. And then I found the perfect place... above their coat hooks.

Thanks Elena! (Read with zero sarcasm.)

PS True, Elena did end up painting those three little character canvases she gave me--and I love them!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww!!!! hahahah they look so adorable though!! hahah. I am glad you did them, you are amazing, Lena. Thank you for making my impractical ideas come to fruition!

    Elena

    p.s. I would also like to note that, after a considerable gentle "suggestion", I actually painted those baby shower canvases with characters for Lena myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pic of you holding E . . . love it!

    ReplyDelete