Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Can Wait

People say it all the time, mostly without thinking.

"I can't wait."

I probably say it. My main source of feedback right now is a four-year-old who repeats things like, "Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness." Which is something I must be saying. (She also says it with an inflection that I find really funny, which I now realize means that I am laughing at myself.)

I-spy quilt April 2012 These squares are all hand appliqued. All 384 of them.
In life, there are things that we look forward to. But can we really not wait? Can't we enjoy the process?

I must admit that I have been working on my I-spy quilt for a long time now. Finally, it is starting to come to the end. But I can still wait for it to be finished. It will be finished... I just need to keep plodding along with it. And I don't want to start rushing now because I am (relatively) close to finishing it.

I've heard it a hundred times, but a person who writes a page a day will have a book at the end of one year. Like many resolutions, few people will ever go to the trouble of writing a page a day. I just need to remember to keep working.

But I must say this is really starting to shape up.

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, Lena! White was really the best choice. When you have that many colours, any colour really could have been used, but none will set them all off like white, in my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so impressive Lena! I love it! (It's 12:21 am now... Daisy's only long party time is from about 8 until midnight or so... if you have any ideas, email me... it's been awhile since I had a newborn...)

    And by the way, I think it is great for a person to do a little of something a day over a long period of time...

    Flannery

    ReplyDelete