Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Spy is almost there

I Spy appliqued quilt with pleated borders
I am really getting there. Now I need to decide how I'm going to quilt it. I am not feeling like machine quilting it. Nor am I feeling like I want to hand quilt it. But I was thinking that I could use little buttons to sew it all together. I have a million little white buttons from various dress shirts that I have been given for recycled quilts.

Unless there is a better idea that I'm not thinking of...



2 comments:

  1. The button idea sounds really cute! I like it! How many of these buttons do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a ton. When I put the word out that I was collecting dress shirts, I got inundated with them! Between my three brothers and Paul's five (plus my father and father-in-law), I have ample dress shirts to experiment with many projects. And each dress shirt comes with a ton of buttons--I think around 15, sometimes more if there are spares (and less if it's short sleeved).

    ReplyDelete