Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baking Soda Magic

This is my microfiber couch. I was ready to plunk down my $70 to have someone come out and professionally clean it, but then my mother gave me the amazing idea of trying to clean it myself. And since I clean almost everything with baking soda, I figured why not give it a try here.

What a difference! I simply wetted it with a cloth and then sprinkled baking soda on. Then with some elbow grease I rubbed it and rubbed it. And then I put it into the washing machine on gentle and the dryer on gentle. Et voila! $70 still in my pocket and a clean couch.

The photo on the left shows the original dirty couch and the one on the right shows my miracle baking soda cleaned couch. Quite a difference.

(A note to GM in Texas: I know that baking soda doesn't clean EVERYTHING! But I'm glad you found vinegar to clean up your rice pot.)


1 comment: